Idea: Reminders + Find my Friends

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by moonman239, Jun 27, 2013.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

There's something you need to do when someone arrives at or leaves some place. Unfortunately, you don't know when that will happen. Currently, Reminders will only alert you at a specific time or when you arrive at or leave a predefined location.

My idea is this: if Find my Friends can notify you when a friend arrives at or leaves a predefined location, then Find my Friends should be able to notify the Reminders app when that event occurs, too.

Scenario: Bob wants to be reminded to give Jill some money when they meet. Since Jill has given Bob access to her location via Find my Friends, Bob can set up a reminder in his Reminders app so that his phone reminds him when she arrives.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You can use geofences with reminders in iOS 7

3. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

Great idea, shouldn't be too hard to include.

4. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

Reminders will only give me a reminder if I cross a predefined geofence, not if a friend crosses it.

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You're right. I think I misread the thread :(

6. Frederico Luna macrumors member

How about:

Bill owes Joe some money. Remind bill to leave the building when Joe is arriving.

Or...

Jennifer took her boyfriend home. Remind the boyfriend to jump out of the window before her parents arrive.

7. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Doesn't Find My Friends currently have this ability? I'm almost positive I've set it to notify when my friends leaves his work and then arrives at the bar I'm at. I'm not sure what the other limitations are.

8. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I'm not on ios7 but coincidentally tried using something similar yesterday by asking Siri to show me my grocery list when I arrived at Target. She replied she 'found several grocery stores pretty close to you.'