idea- wondering if it could be/ has been done

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DuFFy, May 17, 2008.

1. DuFFy macrumors regular

so I was thinking of a better way to secure the phone as far the unlock screen. I dunno if its possible for a developer to make an app that changes the unlock screen but if they could I have an idea.

I hate the passcode personally so I was thinking that it would be cool to take advantage of the multitouch and allow the owner of the phone to set anywhere from say 1-4 touch points on the screen. When they held those points for a second, it would unlock. You could even use your wallpaper as your own reminder. Say having a baby with it hands out in the air is your wallpaper. You can pick its palms to touch and it would unlock the phone. And their could be setting to adjust how sensitive it is about accuracy of the touch points and so on. What do you think?

Has this already been thought of and my feeling that I had an original idea shot? Does apple even let devs access this part?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I don't think that a developer using the SDK would be able to develop an App like this since Apple has made it where you can only run the App and when you go back to the Home screen the App completely closes. This is different with Apple Apps like Safari which keeps pages that you have visited open for the next time that you open it.

With all of that said, I agree that you idea is a really good one and would be a huge improvement over the password deal that is currently in place. This would also keep with the spirit of the iPhone in my opinion.

3. DuFFy thread starter macrumors regular

that's right I forgot about that restriction. But its something I think apple should consider adding.