Ideal Carrying Case for 15" i5 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ahheck01, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

Purchasing the 15" i5 MBP, primarily for business use and meetings, but also for personal use. I'm looking for a slim carrying case that can carry the power cord, and manila folders with probably a 1/2 in. thick stack of paper in it.

I'm used to this, using it for my soon-to-be-retired unibody aluminum macbook: http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-metrolite_ii_jet_black_apple.html

Something similar in function, but improved in form would be ideal. Any suggestions?

-Evan

Edit: I need something that looks at least as professional as what I've linked to above. A backpack isn't going to be an option - need something closer to a briefcase without being to stuffy.

2. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

3. bafonso macrumors member

My lacoste messenger bag is waiting for the laptop. I'll let you know how it works out. Previously I've always used backpacks.

4. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

I need something that looks at least as professional as what I've linked to above. A backpack isn't going to be an option - need something closer to a briefcase without being to stuffy.

-Evan

5. bafonso macrumors member

Then I'd get a professional briefcase you like and put the laptop there with a sleeve.

6. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's not a bad idea, though I do like the 3/4" thick padding all around the laptop when in the current Brenthaven I've got - I'd be concerned about throwing it in a hard briefcase with nothing more than a sleeve after spending $2300 on a laptop. Curious of other options.

7. Panzo macrumors 6502

if a laptop sleeve is feasible look for the booq vyper m3 fits like a glove

8. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

With respect, that suggestion doesn't line up with a single one of the requirements I mentioned in the original post...

9. oliverhoward macrumors newbie

How about this sleek laptop brief from Briggs & Riley? It’s got a padded section for your laptop besides an organizer and file section to fit your folder, documents, power supply, and other items. It’s stylish, elegant, and looks extremely professional, especially if you buy it in black.

10. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

Would a Tumi bag be to stuffy? They have lots of options for the business professional.. and they are very high quality. Maybe not a good idea if you don't want to show up with a case nicer than your bosses.. although showing up with a 15" Macbook Pro may do the same thing.. since its not your typical corporate Lenovo/Dell notebook.

http://www.tumi.com/business-and-laptop/laptop-cases/

11. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

how do you like that bag? i am thinking of getting one for my gf (either that or a crumpler) to carry her MBP.

12. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/72

This is the sleeve that I have. I searched around a lot for it because I wanted one that "fit like a glove" and also had a small pocket for the AC adapter. I don't always want to bring a bookbag or slingcase with me so this works great. I actually wish I had found that Caselogic one too, but I didn't want to order off the internet and be disappointed.

13. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

14. JSAYER macrumors member