Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone + (choose 2 others):

• Mac Pro

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • iMac

Votes: 39 25.2%
  • MacBook Pro

Votes: 82 52.9%
  • MacBook Air

Votes: 46 29.7%
  • iPad

Votes: 96 61.9%
  • iPad Mini

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • iPod Touch

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other iPod

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
With the iPhone 5 out, along with retina MacBook Pro's, the new iPad, iPod Touch's, and the iPad Mini's & updated iMac's on the horizon, I'm curious as to what everyone's perfect iPhone combination is, so "yes," you can supersize the combo (this is your splurge meal for the week.)

I'd love for people to vote & then post their combo & why that suits their needs best. [Remember, a combo usually includes 3 items!] :)

Don't forget dessert!

:apple::apple::apple:

Last edited:

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
Without the poll.

I love my 13" Macbook, my iPhone 4S, and my wall plugged Airport Express.

Consulting on the side and these three are a MUST.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Can I get a dessert ? iPhone, Mac Pro, iPad and MBP?
A power system for FCP, something mobile and my iPad/iPhone combo ...
No dessert ? I skip the MacPro.

OP:nice idea !

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
iPhone for when I'm out and about, iPad for lounge and bedroom, iMac for study and work (well at least it would be an iMac if apple released one already this year!)
I have a laptop that nobody ever uses. It just sits in a cupboard. I never did get the whole love for portable.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I did but then I wouldn't be the first to post. :p

You did forget to add the Macbook.

No worries, glad I could help. :rolleyes:

:D. I didn't "forget" standard MacBooks as much as I didn't feel they fit into the thread in regards to one's "Ideal" combo. Most, if money is of no concern, would either choose the Pro or the Air.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Can I get a dessert ? iPhone, Mac Pro, iPad and MBP?
A power system for FCP, something mobile and my iPad/iPhone combo ...
No dessert ? I skip the MacPro.

OP:nice idea !

You can go for dessert, but it must be an accessory or peripheral device. :) (I.e. Airport Express, Time Capsule, Apple TV, etc.)

Last edited:

maccompatible

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2012
I have my macbook pro for old websites, music production, and extended typing.
I have my iPad for convenient, good-looking web browsing and idea jotting. Also game playing.
I use my iPhone for games, calendar organization, social networking, and a guitar amp.

I love this combo. If I had to cut one, it'd be the iPad, because I'd still have the iPhone and mac for portability and power. But I got a good chunk of change selling my gen 1 iPad, so I upgraded to gen 3. :D

And for dessert, I love my Apple TV. So convenient.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
iPhone + iMac + MacBook Air.

Reasoning

iPhone: it's the best phone in my eyes & I feel like a phone is necessity these days

iMac: It would be for serious work that requires graphics cards/more RAM & speed (Final Cut Pro, Aperture, Logic). Screen size is appealing, along with ports and its speed.

MacBook Air: It would be a bridge between being on the go & the iMac; I can do light work with it & use it for browsing/email (it wouldn't be ideal for large projects). Also, it's portable is superb.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
:D. I didn't "forget" standard MacBooks as much as I didn't feel they fit into the thread in regards to one's "Ideal" combo. Most, if money is of no concern, would either choose the Pro or the Air.

13 MBA (fully loaded)
iPhone (any 64GB config)
iPad (any 64GB config)
(for consulting)

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I have the iPhone, iPad and two iMac's which suit me well. I can use the iPad where I would have used the iMac to just do some reading and light typing from the couch or chair.
I just couldn't get the 27" iMac to balance on the cheap TV tray very well. :p

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I think I'll cheat and say the 27" iMac is the wife's :D, so I'll weigh in with:
  • 64GB black iPhone
  • 64GB new iPad
  • 13" Retina MacBook Pro (TBA) :D

Still deciding on dessert...

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
iMac
MacBook Air 11"
iPhone 5

I would say the iPad could be a possibility, but I honestly haven't used my work iPad since I got my MBA.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
A bizarre poll, you're losing the paired information effectively making it useless to answer your question.

I agree; the paired info is lost, but I couldn't come up with a viable alternative. What does remain though, are the top devices used by the masses in conjunction with iPhones, which I still think is revealing despite having lost the individual pairings. Not to mention the metaphor is easy to understand and fun to play with.

By the way, bizarre polls are en vogue this time of year. Didn't you know? But we'll save that for the PRSI forum. :p

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.