ideas for black display frame on anti-glare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fhn, Jul 14, 2010.

1. fhn macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm about to get the new MacBook Pro with an anti-glare screen. As I like the black frame of the glossy screens a lot more, I would like to know If you know about any replacement parts or any other ideas to get the black frame on a anti-glare screen. I thought about a kind of a sticker that you could attach over the silver bezel.

Thanks for your help.

Fabian

2. elvisidal macrumors member

elvisidal

3. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

i was also thinking about apple giving an option for an anti-glare black bezel. maybe someday... maybe not :(

4. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Black gaff or electrical tape would work too...or jut take it a part and spray the bezel black.

5. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

6. ianma macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; Nexus One Build/FRF85B) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

How about getting the glossy screen then applying an antiglare film?
    This is what I'm planning to do with mine at a later date, as I'm also not keen on the silver bezel. This also gives you the option of changing your mind without having to replace the screen.

7. demonsavatar macrumors regular

8. slicktor macrumors member

slicktor

I've also been thinking of ideas to get black on the AG bezel as well... I was thinking of cutting out a vinyl to fit over the bezel... but i need the exact measurements and getting a hole cut out for the camera might be too troublesome as well...
    It will be tough getting one perfectly sized

9. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

10. demonsavatar macrumors regular

I got a response from him about the vinyl overlay for the Antiglare screen bezel (read my other post here)