Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.stinki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I just wanna get my ideas out there. Tell me what you guys think apple should have into the new iPhone!

1. Minor tweaks to the iPod...

Instead of the button on the upper right of your ipod flip the album around, it will give take you to the "More" settings.

In here, you will be given a couple of things.

--There's quick access to the EQ in here.
--There's an option to turn on the FM Transmitter.
--Sound Check option.
--Settings for volume here too (remember the apple patent that will slowly decrease volume when too loud for too long?)

2. Easy Battery Switching.

I don't know why apple didn't incorporate this into their current design. Seeing how apple Generally keeps the same over-all design, I think this will benefit the future iPhone.

To remove the battery, you have to press hard on the middle of the black part of the iPhone. You will hear a Pop. After this, the entire "Black Compartment" will slide out, with the battery attached. You will just squeeze two levers, and the battery is released.

Pop in a new battery, and slide it in. You will hear another "Pop" and the battery will be locked.

All the components (like the speakers and dock adaptor) will be covered so nothing harms them.

I'll just post these for now. I'll probably add more as i think of some!!

avalys

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2004
Apple did not include a replaceable battery because it adds weight, thickness, and cost.

fart

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
The Nation's Fartland
1. Copy and Paste- this is basic

2. remove the home button, replace with screen gesture

3. Intergalactic communication- there are just sometimes when you can't get ahold of the starship in orbit, ya know?

4. Trilithium conversion- ok, I wanna know what programmer over at apple decided to exclude this from the feature set. Seriously, this is BASIC people.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Apple did not include a replaceable battery because it adds weight, thickness, and cost.

That's the company line, but how, exactly?

Any tiny cost issue is bogus in a phone with the markup this one has. The only real cost it adds is to most consumers who pay the ridiculous replacement price.

As for thickness, there are smartphones where the battery includes the back cover. For that matter, I can't see where a sliding cover would add thickness.

Weight? A gram? Or because you could add a higher capacity battery if you wished?

Sorry, don't buy their excuses. I can buy terrific batteries for my other phones at rock bottom prices and pop them in myself in seconds. Or out, if I drop the phone in water. And they're still slim phones.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
That's the company line, but how, exactly?

Any tiny cost issue is bogus in a phone with the markup this one has. The only real cost it adds is to most consumers who pay the ridiculous replacement price.

As for thickness, there are smartphones where the battery includes the back cover. For that matter, I can't see where a sliding cover would add thickness.

Weight? A gram? Or because you could add a higher capacity battery if you wished?

Sorry, don't buy their excuses. I can buy terrific batteries for my other phones at rock bottom prices and pop them in myself in seconds. Or out, if I drop the phone in water. And they're still slim phones.

user replaceable batteries fall off when dropped add thickness to the device. You obviously don't understand that they solder the battery to the innards of the device, thus they would have to add a lot more than just a switch on the back cover. And they're freaking ugly! It would totally ruin the nice smooth backside of the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.