Ideas for making a short film

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Neoaquascaper, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Neoaquascaper macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could offer me some of your creative juices for a competition I was thinking of entering.

Basically it's for this scholarship to study at a cookery school and you've to make a 90 second video about why you want to enter. Most of the entries so far are pretty boring so I was wondering what I could do different to get me noticed.

The school is called Le Cordon Bleu and it's based in London.

Any ideas?

http://ukscholarship.cordonbleu.edu/

Maybe something wearing a beret...? But actually that's a stupid idea, I don't want to offend any of the French people at Le Cordon Bleu. I hope they're looking for creativity rather than just another 'I love food' video. Cheers.

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

You could talk about why you want to go there for 85 seconds with questions coming from an interviewer in a chair opposite, in the last 5 seconds the camera would pan around to you revealing your head to be a giant pineapple.

3. Neoaquascaper thread starter macrumors newbie

Pineapples

Lol, that made me splurt water all over my computer screen.

So would I be wearing a pineapple mask, pineapple CGI, or simply temporarily remove my head and attach a large pineapple?

But seriously, though - I think they'd ****ing hate that! But I love it.

4. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

The current entries are very bad.

I like the interview idea. Have you seen Exit Through the Gift Shop? Banksy gives an interview throughout the movie (in this clip at the very end). You could do an interview like that, including distorting the voice. At the end, you could remove the hoodie and show the pineapple.

I don't know about the jury of course, but I'd like that :)

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Ideas for making a short film

First thought, hire Little People. :)