ideas for my iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bc008, Apr 9, 2008.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

I have an aluimac 2.0 GHz that hasnt seen much use since i got my blackbook.

my iMac was supposed to remain my main machine, but my macbook was so much easier to use around the house, so my macbook is now the main machine. my iMac has been residing in my families computer room, and my whole family hates it (windoze users) so im going to be taking it back..

any ideas on what to do with it though??? my tv has an input port thing so i could plug it into that or something.. i dunnoo...... i would also have a printer connected to the imac plus iwork etc.. maybe just as a hw/webbrowsing machine? anyone have some cool ideas to do with it??

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

well if your family are windows users you could put windows on so the less intelligent could use it

3. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Better still, disown your family, take out a court order against them ensuring they can never come within 100 miles of you again, change your name by deed poll, do anything to distance yourself from this strange clan.

Or else you can give me your iMac so it can start breeding with my own, I'd love nothing more than the pitter patter of tiny iMac feet toddling around my humble home.

:)

4. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

i guess i could always install windows on it... psh......

5. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I'm fairly certain you don't want to do that. You can post a thread in the marketplace here and see if anyone wants to buy it... and seeing as you are 14, check with your family before trying to sell it. If not, just tell them to suck it up and deal with your iMac... it can work well as a little server of sorts, just enable file sharing, plug some sort of internet connection into it, and share your internet (with a password), that way you can store files on it, maybe have it print stuff too.