Ideas for next MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IndyDurango, Sep 12, 2010.

1. IndyDurango macrumors newbie

20+ year Mac user here. My 17" MBPro (the model right before the unibody line) is getting long in the tooth. I would LOVE to see a MacBook Pro with a swivel/detachable screen whereas the screen is actually an iPad 15" or 17".

The ScreeniPad could communicate with the storage on the laptop via bluetooth and work as a standalone iPad as well. At times the full notebook is not needed while at other times it is. An advanced iPad screen that is detachable form the main body of the notebook fits a lot of needs.

I think it advances the iPad to a next level IE: who wouldn't buy the iPad screen model over a standard perm-attached screen model? By incorporating the two, it eliminates the choice between one or the other making it easy on the buyer to have both. And it slams the door on design from the competition for a while for sure.

I know HP and others have a screen swivel that folds over on top of the laptop body for a tablet config but a Windows based tablet is no iPad.

Thoughts?

IndyD

2. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

I would like to see a Torx fastener attached screen with a slot loading LCD.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Imagine carrying a 17" iPad for just a second. The current 10" model is about the max I would want to carry, and just looking at my 13" screen, it would be too big for an iPad. That is my main issue there.

4. beaner454 macrumors regular

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013