Ideas for Presenting iPhoto pics with Audio Narration

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SteinMaster, Feb 10, 2015.

1. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

I want to create a nice photo presentation (using iPhoto pics) with audio narration for the photos. I'm doing this project for my 8 year old son. I want something he can easily pull up on a Mac, click the file, and the presentation automatically shows each photo and plays my audio narration what the photo is about. When the next photo shows, a different audio track will play explaining that photo. I could also do one audio track that is timed to describe each photo as they display on the screen. I don't need anything fancy, just simple and effective. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You could use iMovie and QuickTime Player to do it. Add your photos very easily in iMovie. Record your audio tracks for each image individually and then add them into iMovie to the image they correspond with. This way you can easily time the image to stay for as long as the audio track is for that particular image.

Not very hard to do. iMovie and QuickTime Player very easy to use for this kind of thing even if you have never used it before. Best part is you already own the programs, so no cost.

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

2nd the suggestion for using iMovie. It has a Ken Burns effect for making still photos seem to have some motion just like he does in his documentaries. Not hard to learn but it does help to go through some of the video training available.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

It's a great idea.

Are you thinking of a gallery of photos that, when a particular photo thumbnail is clicked, the photo is displayed and your narration plays? And...the photos don't have to play in any particular order?

If so, that wouldn't be a single iMovie. It would be more like a gallery of movies but you could do each one in iMovie. Offhand I know it could be displayed in website form.

I've seen a couple of iOS apps that do half the job...audio for a photo...but don't create a nice gallery. Maybe there is one now.