Ideas needed! 2007 MBP boots extremely slow!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atisz, Dec 20, 2011.

1. atisz macrumors newbie

So I have a 2007 MBP with 5 GB RAM. I don't use OSX, I have a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit on a recently formatted hard drive. All the updates and bootcamp drivers are installed.
    The problem is that it boots extremely slow. It always did, but I was hoping after a format it will be better. I measured it twice, and here are the results:
    1st boot
    grey screen: 53 sec
    black screen before "Starting Windows" appears: 2 min 28 sec
    Windows desktop appeares on screen: 1 min 23 sec
    total boot time: 4 minutes 44 seconds

2nd boot
    grey screen: 57 sec
    black screen before "Starting Windows" appears: 1 min 40 sec
    Windows desktop appeares on screen: 2 min 44 sec
    total boot time: 5 minutes 20 seconds

No cd in the drive or any usb were connected. The boot time is always different, sometimes it's "only" about 2 minutes. I tested the HDD, and the program said it is in 100% working condition. Once the Windows is loaded, it works perfectly. I can read or write on the HDD with proper speed, basically I can do anything with the laptop including video editing, gaming. Never had any problems or freezing.
    What could possibly wrong that causes this extremely slow boot?
    I can't say anything about OSX I don't like it, I never used it, I have a Mac because it was free.

2. s.horsfield macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just try booting into OSX and tell us how long that takes (With OSX as default startup disk)