Ideas of the next iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrf097, Jun 5, 2014.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I was thinking about how Apple could set up the next iPhone, and this is what I came up with.

1) Drop the numbers. Instead, have 3 iPhone lines. the iPhone C, iPhone S, and iPhone +

2) iPhone C - Uses the same 4in screen as the iPhone 5/C/S. Processor is upgraded to an all new 1.5GHz Dual-Core A7X with M7 co-processor (same as would be found in the new iPod touch) with 1GB of RAM and a 10MP rear camera and a 2MP front facing camera. Touch ID support. Would come in all available colors as well as black, purple, a light goldenrod color, and the blue would be replaced with Bondi Blue, a homage to the original iMac. There would also be an option to have a white face plate in addition to black. This model would retail at $49 for 8GB or $99 for 16GB on contract, or $349 for 8GB unlocked and $399 for 16GB unlocked.

3) iPhone S - Uses an all new 4.7in display with a retina resolution akin to 1080p. Uses a brand new processor called the A8, a quad-core processor that runs at 1.4GHz with 2GB of RAM, along with the M8 co-processor. The device would feature a similar design to the current 5S but would be larger, obviously. One new feature is there's now an LED around the Touch ID ring that illuminates circularly in a breathing pattern when you have a notification (similar to the light on the front of MacBooks) that can be disabled if you choose. The camera sports a 13MP front censor with optical image stabilization. The front facing camera is now 4MP. NFC is available as well. It would retail at $149 for 16GB, $249 for 32GB, $349 for 64GB, and $449 for 128GB on contract, or $449/$549/$649/$749 off-contract respectively. Comes in all the colors as the 5S but with a new all-black Carbon color, as well as a "Space Gold" option.

4) iPhone + - same as the iPhone S but with the 5.5 in. screen with a retina resolution akin to 2K. It also receives a RAM boost to 3GB. It also features all new hand gestures that allow for actions to be performed by using your hand (Similar to the Galaxy phones) and users would have the option to run either an expanded version of iPhone S apps or miniaturized versions of iPad apps. Games and full screen apps would utilize the iPad version, however. Available in all the same colors as the S, and would retail at $349 for 32GB, $449 for 64GB, or $549 for 128GB, or $649/749/849 off contract respective.

2. exizeo macrumors regular

I want the new iPhone but I want bondi blue.

Just like how I wanted Touch ID this generation, but really liked the 5c design.

#firstworldproblems