Ideas on an opening to a film???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by AndyH17, Jan 4, 2010.

1. AndyH17 macrumors newbie

i need to make an opening to a film thats about 5 minutes long, any ideas?

what ive been thinking is a proper gangster thing, i was thinking of having a man tied up in some locked up stables a bit groggy and beaten, and a man in a black and silver/grey suit walking up to the stables. He unlocks the stables, walks in and punches the man. i was thinking of having a detective like thing going on but i'm not sure.

and ideas on storyline or alternative ideas?

2. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

As you have discovered, good and original ideas are hard to come by. I'm sure you will get some responses but most of them will probably be cliche. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it! Since you are having such a hard time coming up with an idea, just reshoot something that's already been done. If you MUST do something original... well, good luck with that. The idea you have posted so far... it doesn't make sense.

3. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

Instead of trying to come up with one perfect one to work on, try coming up with tens of possible ideas.
    Thats what I always do when I want ideas for my films. I just keep writing down ideas, even ones that sound crazy at first, just so I have a collection to pick from later. if i end up not using an idea, I can recycle it and use it later.