Ideas on how to make iPhone your alarm clock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Doju, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

Awaken is an excellent alarm clock app, but I'm finding it difficult to use as I either have to prop my iPhone up against my wall or sit it sideways in the dock in order to use it at night. Not the best solution.

Any times on how to have a sort of landscape dock? Any cheap holders?

2. Niki.King macrumors newbie

That is such a simple yet amazingly good idea / design. Im off to get a paper clip to try it myself.

Nick.

3. BigWill macrumors member

Google search, ('iPhone case and stand'), came up with these:

http://www.backflipcase.com/?gclid=CLf9-pad0Z0CFaM45Qod9RLGyQ

http://thoughtout.biz/?gclid=CNSwg9qd0Z0CFR9N5QodyRdpyQ

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/seethru/iphone-3g/142

I have the Speck case. It works great! (And you don't have to carry a bent paper clip around with you!)

Oh, and I use the 'Night Stand' app.

4. Niki.King macrumors newbie

Please note, if using the paperclip idea, you need a rather large paperclip :D

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What am I missing here? Why does it matter what your iPhone looks like while you're sleeping? :confused:

6. BigWill macrumors member

Just a guess here, but I don't think it's vanity the OP is trying to convey... I believe it is about a functional stand that will allow the phone/clock to be viewed in landscape, allowing for ease of viewing without picking the phone up. Much like one would view their alarm clock without having to reach over and pick the thing up off the nightstand.

Why does it matter to you what the OP is trying to accomplish, if you don't have any valuable input?

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

How am I supposed to offer advice if I don't know what he's trying to accomplish?

If you don't understand a question wouldn't you ask for clarification? Or do you just answer anyway? How is that helpful?

And why did it bother you that I asked for clarification? I'm sorry you don't like it that I didn't understand.

8. BigWill macrumors member

"Why does it matter what your iPhone looks like while you're sleeping?" didn't sound like a question to clarify what the OP wanted... it sounded like an aggressive put down. I thought his question was pretty self explanitory, but If I am wrong, I sincerely apologize.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I guess the italics looked 'mean?' I meant them to look 'confused.'

10. silverneo188 macrumors newbie

perfect, I tried it and it works wonders I can now be looking at my tv and have my iphone in front of me kinda like a guide for my games so I dont have to keep picking it up, great fore movies and such and also for notes like piano (dunno how that setup would work) guitars, and other instruments

11. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I downloaded an alarm clock app and stopped using it after a few days. For me, nothing works as well as the clock app built right into the iPhone. You can set recurring alarms for days of the week and you don't have to worry about making sure the app is running when you go to bed. Throw in some custom ringtones for wakers and you're all set. For a stand, I have the dock. Simple.