Ideas: What should I do with old I-devices ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Abanziger, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Abanziger macrumors newbie

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys had some ideas concerning what I could do with I-devices that I dont really use anymore. I have an Ipod touch 2g, an Iphone 3g and a 3gs. Of course I could sell them, but you can now get a 3gs free with a contract, and both my iphones need to be unlocked to work where I live right now.

Furthermore, the money that I could get from selling these devices is probably less than the emotional value these things have to me. I would rather keep my ipod that I worked hard for than sell it to someone for like 50 chf. Also considering that there are thousands of people selling their old I-devices what are the chances I get to sell mine first if its not for a really attractive price ?

So I was wondering if you had solutions for this, finding a use for your old ipod/phone that is better than having it just sitting on a table.

What have you guys done with older generation I-devices that became old when you upgraded ? Creative ideas appreciated ;)

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Keep one in your car always hooked up to your car stereo.

Get a cheap $3 battery powered ipod speaker system and set one up in your bathroom.

Get a cheap wall-power speaker system and keep it set up in your kitchen/bedroom/garage/wherever.

Buy a wall charger cord and keep it permanently setup for surfing use near your couch or bed.

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

In the US at least, you get 10% off a new purchase with it!

But the prior poster has good ideas to try out.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Give it to a kid in the family.

$3? Come on, it's his damn throne. Spend at least $5. :D