Identfy this WordPress plugin please

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by orpheus1120, Oct 8, 2009.

1. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

That's not a plugin, that's a commercial theme called delirium. It comes with a front page with the built-in image slider (configurable in the theme's options). The site you linked to is a demo site belonging to the developer. Their main site is at vivathemes.com. That particular theme can apparently be purchased for $48 US.

I'm sure a similar effect could be pulled off using something like scriptaculous or jquery.

3. orpheus1120 thread starter macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

If you would read my question properly again, you would realise I'm asking for the name of the image slider plugin used, or if it's a custom plugin developed by the author. I know it's a theme and I know it is from viva. You would think I would know all these since I'm the one linking it to this thread??:rolleyes:

4. sbryan macrumors member

jQuery and custom Javascript.

Tutorial

Interestingly enough, I was wondering how this image slider worked. jQuery is referenced, yes, but it screams plugin. Just wondering if I hadn't heard of a new plugin.

Note: I stumbled across that site because I was looking at the Wordpress featured gallery. I'm not trying to push politics.

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

And if you'd read my reply properly, you'd note that I stated that the image slider on the page you linked to is not a plugin. It is built into the theme. Save your eye-rolls for when they're called for.

Like sbryan (and I) have told you, do some searching for image sliders, jquery, scriptaculous, etc. and I'm 99% positive you'll find what you're looking for.

6. star-fish macrumors regular

The NextGEN gallery plugin is pretty good, and with a bit of coaxing you could probably create a similar effect.

Gallery - http://gallery.menalto.com/ - has more functionality and looks great, but as far as I know there's no WP plugin.