Identify apple watch battery hog apps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by CrAkD, Apr 27, 2015.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I had GREAT battery life on sat 730am-930pm I was still at 50% I added some new apps and today my watch is already at 16% 730am-430p so I removed all the ones I added which were

Deliviries
    Amazon
    Discover
    City mapper

I don't know which one was the culprit so I removed them all hopefully I get better battery life tomorrow. As far as usage I prob used it a lot less today as it was still pretty new sat so I was using it a lot.

2. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

Thank you. I thought about this in the shower and forgot to post. These would be helpful to know

3. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

You can see which apps are draining the most battery in the settings on the iphone.

4. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

My phone was fine it was my watch that was getting killed and not a single one of the watch apps were listed in the battery usage for the phone

5. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

The only battery hog I've found is dictating text messages.

6. ajg1977 macrumors member

Watch apps only run when you're using them. If you're not using them they're not draining the battery.

Perhaps you just spent longer playing with these new apps than you did the previous day?

7. mathewbhavnani macrumors member

Activity notifications...turned those off(just to experiment even though my battery life is great) and my battery SIGNIFICANTLY improved