Identify iphone carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by serv4iphone, May 5, 2010.

1. serv4iphone macrumors newbie

Greetings to all,

I have the following problem:

A friend of mine recently bought an Iphone 2G running 1.13 software.
    When he tried upgrading the software via iTunes 9.0.3, to version 3.1.3, the update was successful in all but one thing: SIM activation.

Of course, my friend thought that the phone was firs bought in Romania, due to the fact that it worked with every network while it had software version 1.1.3, after the update, winding up with a phone that would not work until activated.

As a result, he gave it to me. I tried downgrading the software but even the downgrading to 1.1.3 version iTunes asks for SIM activation, and now we don’t not know the carrier network of the phone. (due to the fact that the guy who sold it to him also told him that the carrier was Orange Romania)

Can anyone help me at least identify the carrier network this iphone is locked to ?

It has the following information:

Serial: 85751J0TWH8
    IMEI: 011365008285342

Thanks in advance!

2. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

My apologies as this does not entirely answer your question, but it should at least help you get the phone working :) You can jailbreak the phone and unlock it for use with any carrier:

http://modmyi.com/guides/?p=3019/