Identify this (Apple) device.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JajeBlade, Aug 25, 2008.

  1. JajeBlade macrumors newbie

    Aug 25, 2008
    Hi I dont know where to placethis so tell me when I do something wrong. I was shopping this moring and when reached the checkout i saw this device. There are some things i want to know:
    1) What is it?
    2) What is it's name?
    3) Are there more of this products? (so other than: Mac, ipod/iphone, Apple TV and the airport)

    Tank you.
  2. TEG macrumors 604


    Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    Looks like an old modem, or just a product wanting to capitalize on the Apple Brand.

  3. Peace macrumors Core


    Apr 1, 2005
    Space--The ONLY Frontier
    It looks like an old point of sale device called Merlin. Apple does have software productivity called Merlin. Perhaps this is something built a few years ago to go along with the software.

    It does look old though.
  4. JajeBlade thread starter macrumors newbie

    Aug 25, 2008
    Thanks for the fast responce im looking for something as a model name but i cant find it. So if some1 has a model name or a brand name, than that would be great.
  5. Batt macrumors 65816


    Dec 17, 2007
    Syracuse, NY
    Why didn't you ask at the checkout? Go back and ask and then tell us what it is.
  6. JajeBlade thread starter macrumors newbie

    Aug 25, 2008
    its 22:00 here now... maybe ill ask later but need to be early at school for the rest of the week... Another idea that crossed my mind is a device to scan if money is real with Ultra Violet light...
  7. DigiCatRedux macrumors member


    Aug 25, 2008
    Somewhere in New England, USA.
    PEACE is correct - it is a Merlin.
    *open image in Photoshop, rotate 90 degrees clockwise & zoom*

    I learned sumptin' today. Never knew Apple made such a device.

Share This Page