Identifying classical/symphonic music

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Alaerian, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I have been undertaking a project to import ALL of my music CDs into a digital format, and I'm most of the way done. In amongst every crazy CD I had forgotten about, I found 3 discs I burned 8 or 9 years ago. These 3 discs contained recordings of pieces I played in high school band and college wind symphonies. The problem is, some of these pieces I can't remember the name of! >.<

I've tried using recognition software like Tunatic, Midomi, and Shazaam, but I'm not getting any hits (that was to be expected).

I've done a bit of research on teh interwebz and managed to find out several of the pieces by just hunting - David Holsinger's Havendance, Frank Ticheli's Blue Shades, Eric Whitacre's Ghost Train Tryptich, etc. I'm familiar with the 'big name' composers, but I know that some of these pieces are not as well known.

Any ideas on where to go next?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you post clips of the pieces you're having trouble with I can give it a shot. I'd say just googling "wind ensemble repertoire" and seeing if anything rings a bell would be the best way to go though. Obscure stuff is hard to find (obvious statement is obvious!).

3. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but did you ever get this resolved? I've been playing in wind bands for awhile, so I might be also able to help if you post or email clips.