Identity theft or just a really stupid witch???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by abijnk, Sep 12, 2008.

1. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

So I find myself once again casting my story out into the ever wise macrumors community for opinions, advice and knowledge.

Here's the deal:

My fiance's dad is in the middle of an ugly ugly divorce. She is seriously evil...

Anyways, so about a week ago his dad calls to tell us that someone ordered $250 dollars worth of womens clothes from one of his credit cards. I wonder who that could be? :rolleyes: That's part one.

Now, my fiance and I both subscribe to the TrueCredit service online (truecredit.com, I highly recommend it) and also about a week ago my fiance receives a notification from them that there has been a change of address on his credit report. Who's address should show up but the evil one herself!!! I couldn't believe it... So we were able to see from True Credit that the address change came from Chase, and when we logged into all his financial accounts sure enough, Chase showed this new address! He called them and they closed that account and are issueing him a new card, but no one could tell us how in the world this address, which he has never lived at or received mail at, but that just so happens to belong to his evil step mother, ended up on his account...

So, does anyone know anything about this? Is there any recourse? My suspicions are that she is stealing my fiance's dad's mail, because I really can't think of any other way she could get his hands on that stuff... Unfortunately I don't have any way to confirm this.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

He might want to get flags put on his other accounts and credit report. Don't forget to deny the charges of the clothes as well. And definitely go to the police.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

5. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

6. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Marriage is not a precursor to credit fraud. :rolleyes:

A police report helps when disputing fraud on credit cards.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would also recommend getting a PO Box. This way, the mail will be under lock and key and the evil one will not be able to get it.