Idevicechecker.com still working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caramellhoney, Oct 13, 2014.

1. caramellhoney macrumors 6502

caramellhoney

I'm showing a 6 plus in my area (same place i bought my first phone from using this website) but when i call at first she said yes, then she came back and said no. Is the Idevicechecker.com website still accurate or is best buy lying!?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Well if they simply had one left in stock and sold it within the last hour then she might have simply said yes based on her previous knowledge, but when she actually checked then she found out it was already sold and told you no. It's really just a website to try and help find one, it's not a guarantee of getting one...

3. caramellhoney thread starter macrumors 6502

caramellhoney

Maybe except 1. Phone is still showing available now. 2. While I was wasting time on the phone with the Daytona best buy, I called my local Sanford Best Buy Mobile.....they had just sold 2 iPhone 6P that never showed on the Idevicechecker.com site alll day long.

4. Ngwidener macrumors member

IIRC Best Buy is not updated real time like the Apple stores.

5. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Glad you found one! :)

Thanks for the heads up on the website too. It's always good to remind people to call and check ahead the device is there before driving down to pick it up.

6. caramellhoney thread starter macrumors 6502

caramellhoney

Haha never found one, by the time I called the BB mobile they were sold out.I'm looking for my mom. Best buy is taking pre-orders with the purchase of the $50 gift card to reserve the phone, but at the same time they're getting phones daily. My mom doesn't want to pay to reserve when the phone could possibly come in the same day (retired fixed budget). So i just left my name and number and told her to call me. I did the same thing but found a phone at another BB and they refunded my gift card but for whatever reason the sales person is saying no and you cant use it towards the purchase of the phone (sprint policy).