iDevices w/ iOS 8 not showing in iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by smooth, Sep 30, 2014.

1. smooth macrumors 6502

smooth

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a fix for this particular issue. On my MBP iTunes, I have 3 iPads and an iPhone. I upgraded 2 of the iPads to iOS 8 and since then, they will not show up in Devices in iTunes. They have both been updated to 8.02 and it is still an issue. When hooked up via USB cable, they show up but as soon as they are unplugged they disappear. If I restart both my MBP and the iPads, they will appear but not for very long.

The other iPad and my iPhone 5 still show up as they both still have iOS 7.

But, I just got my iPhone 6+ yesterday. I upgraded it to 8.02 but it still shows up in Devices.

Anyone having this issue? Any permanent fixes?

2. urkel macrumors 68030

I'm running iTunes 12 and it's he same problem.

3. izzle22 macrumors 6502a

izzle22

Same here. iPhone 6 iPad Air. Both will show up when restarted but next day nothing. This was not an issue with my iPhone 5 or the iPad before I updated it to IOS 8.

4. rkuo macrumors 6502a

Set IPv6 to link local on your network adapters. Then reboot everything, including iPads and iPhones.

5. Parasprite macrumors 68000

Parasprite

Or just reboot everything (including iTunes). I've had this happen on since wifi sync was added and I've always needed to do this from time to time. No forum fixes have worked aside from this.

Anyways, unless you are having unrelated network problems, IPv6 shouldn't even be an issue here.

6. rkuo macrumors 6502a

Yes, it sounds weird but it has to do with changes that apple made to use IPv6 for discovery. I'm not guaranteeing it will help, but it helped me.