Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I didn't watch it, but I've walked into a glass door before.

Same. I walked right into a pane of glass once at an auto repair shop. I turned around to walk out and hit the pane of glass instead of where the door was. The glass cracked but didn't shatter. The glass stayed broken till a few months later when the shop closed up.

chuckcalo

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2009
This happened to me once, I broke the whole glass (was like 2 inch thick) with my forehead and I fell back because of the impact but I was intact just a little headache. And I find the vid funny.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I done something like that in the past year.

It was night and I was going to the grocery store. Something caught my attention and I turned my head to look at it then BAM I walked into the glass window. My glass put a cut on my face and I bent the hell out of my glasses.

I had to back the next day and that is when I saw my face print on the glass window a good 6' from the doors.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
One of my friends at school ran through a glass door and needed about 130 stitches.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
:D

I've done similar, in my own house!

I was in a hurry to get outside on a hot summer day and get in the pool where my friends were waiting for me. So I slid the glass door open and proceeded to ram right into the SCREEN door. Knocked it right off its tracks with a huge splat with me on top of it right onto the concrete. It hurt but boy did we laugh.

Clumsiness can make for the big funnies in life.

I did the same thing at my parents house. It was spring and very pretty, so we kept the sliding glass door open allowing people to wander through the house and into the backyard. I walked through a the doorway a dozen times, but when I went to check on the grill someone had closed the screen door.

I plowed right through the thing, tearing the screen and I dropped a bunch of buns for the burgers. Of course, nearly everyone was outside and for the rest of the night I had to endure various impressions of my error.

I still don't know who closed the screen-door. No one will admit to it.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
I walked into a glass door at the Apple Store on Michigan Ave. I bounced off it and landed flat on my butt, laughing. It hurt like hell too! :)

Oddly enough, I did the same thing last year when me an my Mom went to Chicago. I felt like a total ass, I swear, at least 100 people were staring at me.

I felt a little better after we went into Nordstrom and one of the women at the perfume counter sprayed some perfume into her eyes.

Don

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I did the same thing at my parents house. It was spring and very pretty, so we kept the sliding glass door open allowing people to wander through the house and into the backyard. I walked through a the doorway a dozen times, but when I went to check on the grill someone had closed the screen door.

I plowed right through the thing, tearing the screen and I dropped a bunch of buns for the burgers. Of course, nearly everyone was outside and for the rest of the night I had to endure various impressions of my error.

I still don't know who closed the screen-door. No one will admit to it.

:D Nice one! I love those dramatic falls, back arched, limbs awkwardly flailing and items briefly airborne as gravity makes its point.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I read of a post office in Switzerland that had a glass wall with glass doors in it. After about ten feet or so there was another glass wall with doors forming a vestibule. They said that people would often get trapped in there. They'd walk through the first door fine then get distracted by something (take off their coat or something) and now they were off the path. They couldn't tell the doors from the glass walls so they'd go up to the wall, push on it, no luck. Move over a bit and try again. Eventually they'd stumble upon a door and escape.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I read of a post office in Switzerland that had a glass wall with glass doors in it. After about ten feet or so there was another glass wall with doors forming a vestibule. They said that people would often get trapped in there. They'd walk through the first door fine then get distracted by something (take off their coat or something) and now they were off the path. They couldn't tell the doors from the glass walls so they'd go up to the wall, push on it, no luck. Move over a bit and try again. Eventually they'd stumble upon a door and escape.

I would love to see the video for that one!

charlesbronsen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
Toronto, Ont
Been there done that. Just finished BBQing and was rushing in the house with 4 nice steakes which all ended up on my shirt then the patio floor. Got a good chuckle from the neighbours who just happen to see this whole trvisty transpire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.