"iDisk" appearing in the finder although I do not have MobileMe

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by dacoolest, Apr 28, 2012.

1. dacoolest macrumors regular

I recently visited the MobileMe site and it asked for my apple id and password to log in, I have entered these information during that time. I was interested about mobile me and i wanted to get more information about it.

Now I just noticed that "iDisk" is listed in finder's sidebar although I have not done any kind of configurations in my mac. How do I get rid of it? If the mobile me website has done any kind of configurations on my mac, how do I completely remove them ?

Thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

You could look into System Preferences > MobileMe to see, if you are connected and you could hold down the COMMAND key while dragging the iDisk icon off the Sidebar.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. dacoolest thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. No accounts were made. When I click on the sidebar label, it starts a dialog box giving me options to go to Preferences and to set up. Which means the side bar short cut is the only thing it has created?

4. simsaladimbamba

Probably, but since that Sidebar shortcut is also available via Finder > Preferences > Sidebar > Devices and appears on freshly formatted or newly bought Macs, there is nothing to worry about removing it from the Sidebar via the Preferences or dragging it off.

5. dacoolest thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I removed the iDisk entry as you have suggested.