iDisk: How do edit the _gallery contents manually

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by boboxox, Dec 4, 2009.

1. boboxox macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me out with this.

I have a gallery in MobileMe. Sometimes the image order gets all messed up, specially when I add new images to my gallery (via iPhoto).

I've found out that in iDisk you can access the location for each gallery in:
    <username>/Web/Sites/_gallery/<#galleries>

Each gallery has several folders, one for each image (e.g.: IMAGE-01, IMAGE-02, IMAGE-03, etc.) and inside each of these folders you find these files:

exif.json
    large.jpg
    medium.jpg
    mmedium.jpg
    msquare.jpg
    square.jpg
    web.jpg

What I really wanted is to have control over the files and folders content as well as their order. I would like to upload the folders (respecting the naming rules and contents) so I could manage the gallery on my own.

I can write into the "Sites" folder. However, I don't have permissions to edit the content of the "_gallery" folder. I've tried erasing every gallery to see if the "_gallery" folder would go away (and then replace it with a new one created by me), but without success. I can copy the folder, but can't change it...

Can anyone help out? Experts needed! ;)

Thanks!

BoboXox

2. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

I have no info about editing the files from idisk, but you can log into the web gui and re-order the photos using drag-and-drop.

3. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

It is much better to do it the way described above versus iPhoto. When you are done organizing your photos on me.com/login/galleries then open iphoto and let the gallery(s) sync