Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miguel997

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Hi

I used MobileMe ever since it was out ... well the "app" i used the most within MobileMe was the email ... but the reason i used MobileMe was because the iDisk.

When i moved my account from MobileMe to iCloud it just wasn't there anymore.

Before (in MobileMe) i had the option to go to iDisk, and now i don't.
Before i had a folder so i could manipulate files directly from Finder, now i don't (note that while i used OS X Lion with MobileMe the folder existed ... the change happened after i started to use iCloud).
Strangely ... before the iDisk app for iPhone/iPod/iPad works just fine and .... well it still does. It's still possible to share/upload/download files from the app, just like before.

MY QUESTION IS WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?
CAN I STILL ADD A FOLDER OF IDISK TO FINDER?
CAN I GO ONLINE TO THE IDISK PAGE AND ACCESS MY FILES LIKE BEFORE?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No need to yell, apple has been forthright in stating that icloud will not include iDisk.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
You need to start moving all your files from iDisk to your local machine or another cloud based service. Apple is going to eliminate iDisk altogether by next June.

It sucks, because I used iDisk too and needed a file yesterday but could only get to it from my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.