iDisk syncing - anyone else having problems

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by votive, Jul 14, 2008.

1. votive macrumors newbie

During the transition, somehow my iDisk syncing was turned off. So, I reactivated it yesterday. I have appx 10,000 files across a number of folders on the iDisk server. Previously, when I've done a fresh sync, it's taken appx 12 hours and all the files downloaded to my local iDisk in the correct locations. That was then...

This time, when I turn syncing on, the file download process begins. At the beginning, at the bottom of the window, it says "syncing file 1 of 10,000", then "syncing file 2 of 10,000" etc. However, at some point it starts to jump out of sequence e.g. it goes from "syncing file 16 of 10,000" to "syncing file 250 of 10,000" - in short it starts to miss files. Eventually it gets to the last file having missed a whole load in between and the net result is I don't have all of my files in the local iDisk.

To date, it's downloaded appx 500 files and I keep restarting it manually and it picks up a few files each time. However, at this rate, it's going to take months to have everything downloaded.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I tried to transfer a backup folder that include all my media files ~ 8GB. It just sat and spun, said it was going to take 2-3 days to transfer all of it. :eek: