Idisplay

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Corey Gibson, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Corey Gibson macrumors newbie

I did a quick search, but didn't find any relevant information that has been recent.

I use Prezi, and online presentation program, and I would like to be able to give my clients my iPad 2 to watch my presentation. I looked in to iDisplay, but there isn't great support for PC users. Only functionality for a secondary display. I need mirroring support.

With all the PC's still be used in business, I figured there would be a good PC friendly mirroring program that I can install and use on my ipad. Any suggestions?

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

If all you need is mirroring - doesn't the built-in mirroring of the iPad work with Prezi? Or, do you need remote mirroring?

3. Corey Gibson thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I don't believe that Prezi is equipped for that at the moment. I know that there is a Prezi app, but it only seems to allow for presenting from the iPad and not for access of control from an outside source such as a PC.

I know there is a program called iDisplay, but it is not PC compatible at the moment. I was hoping you guru's knew of a hidden gem I might be able to get my hands on.

Thanks!

4. Dragon Fly macrumors newbie

Dragon Fly

Once I submitted support request from iDisplay app, it turned out that I had to put several ticks so my firewall did not block network access for iDisplay application. Actually iDisplay does good job in mirroring of what you need. It also has sound transmission on Windows, which is great. Just make sure which OS you use? Some issues happen with W8 users. Other OS (Mac and Windows 7) should work well