iDJ - this app needs to be made (c'mon Apple)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moredrunkmale, May 23, 2011.

1. moredrunkmale macrumors member

I just sent the below feedback to Apple, anyone else like this app?

I have an idea for an App which will be awesome.

The scenario for this is app is as follows.

You are at a party, and there's no music (or the current music isn't any good). you think to yourself, why dont I just plug in my iphone/ipod touch and open up my 'iPod' app and start playing music.

The problem: well I dont have any good/appropriate playlists set up, so i have to sit here for 15 mins setting up a new playlist, other people can't really get involved. or i just stick on a single artist/album which can be a little boring not to mention a limited working life (after 45-60 minutes youll have to come back and change things up before songs start repeating)

the solution: iDJ

It can either be an app inside the iPad app, or separate but using the same library of music.

How it works: you enter iDJ and see your library, you can also tab to the iDJ home screen which shows your 'current' set list. You can have ony one set list to simplify things, this is not a playlist where you want 5 different ones, this is all about making it at the last minute and on-the-fly (whilst a little drunk maybe).

So you can 'clear' current set-list or add to it (obv you can also delete individual songs 'swipe & delete'.

So you decide to start from scratch, delete set list. goto 'library' and start adding songs. This should be as simple as a '+' sign next to each song, which transforms into a '-' when selected. (A visible + sign means click me to add to set-list, a - means click me to remove form the set list).

Holding down the plus sign will show the option to (Play next).

Another feature should be GeniusDJ, whereby you can add one or two or more songs to a set-list, and have a preference called 'GeniusDJ' enables whereby the App will continually add new songs to the set list in the same theme/genre as those that were added by the user. This means you can add 5 songs for instance, turn on 'GeniusDJ' and walk away nowing the musicv will never stop.

You can still come back later as add new songs. If you add 5 songs, go away and come back 7 songs later. iDJ will have played your 5 songs and then used GeniusDJ to find 2 similar songs (to the 5 added by you). If you come back during the 7th song, and want to add more, you can just navigate to the library and add more songs. Adding new songs suring the 'GeniusDJ' phase will act to play the 'newly added songs' straight away. So you add song A and B. A will play straight after song 7 and B will play straight after song A. THEN it will go back to GeniusDJ mode, as you have no more user-defined songs.
    You can of course add A then specify B to 'play next'.

I think this would be awesome and more simple and flexible than trying to create a new playlist in iPod on-the-fly.

2. b.a.newbie macrumors newbie

What about shuffling all songs?

At the top of the Songs list is the possibility to Shuffle all songs.

Alternatively, you can look by genre and dig in and shuffle those songs, too.

You could also get algoriddim djay.

3. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Isn't this essentially what the Genius playlist does now?

4. Synthion macrumors regular

Unnecessary

Not only would it be better to add some of those features onto the music/ipod app, but the LAST thing that I, a real dj, need is another thing that has "DJ" slapped on it. YOu are making A MOCKERY OF THE INDUSTRY. A MOCKERY!