Idk Wat 2 Do

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BrettFarve04, Jan 12, 2009.

1. BrettFarve04 macrumors regular

I have to restore....I'm currently running leopard but my restore CD's are old Tiger disks. Last time I had to restore back to tiger a lot of things didn't work smoothly...like my isight, itunes and other applications. What should I do>???

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Use your leopard discs to do a re-install. You DO have them right? :rolleyes: Or if you don't you would have to go and buy new ones. Using tiger discs doesn't sound like a good idea.

3. madog macrumors 65816

madog

He's right. You don't need to original disks that came with your machine, just whatever system disk that is the most recent.

When you boot up to them, you can install using the OPTIONs button and select Archive and Install while Preserving user data. This will just re-install the base system and hopefully leave all your personal data intact. (of course, always have a backup, just in case

4. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

the CD's that came with my computer originally are tiger discs....but last time i tried to use them they didn't work. My computer is a huuuge mess if you've read my other posts...this just is the icing on the cake.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yeah, but clearly you have/had a Leopard disk or you would not have been able to upgrade to Leopard. Use that.

Oh, and if you don't mind, please learn the English language. Would it kill you to write a descriptive subject line using real words?

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    So how did you upgrade to leopard?

7. Theophany macrumors 6502

Theophany

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you don't actually own a copy of Leopard. I find it hard to believe anybody spends £70 on a DVD and then doesn't put it in a safe place should the worst happen. Even if you borrowed the DVD from somebody it's still against the EULA.

Tough luck. Go out and buy it.