iDOS 2.0.1 already removed from AppStore!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lanulos, Jan 20, 2011.

1. lanulos, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011

lanulos macrumors regular

For the second time iDOS has been removed from the AppStore after one day. If you didn't already get it you're too late!

[​IMG]

2. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

3. itouch rulz macrumors regular

Whew, I put it on my iphone and ipad yesterday in case this happened. I had a quick go with Wolfestein last night on the ipad and it played fairly decently (movement controls slightly annoying but reasonable).

4. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

5. lanulos thread starter macrumors regular

I put it on my daughter's around 6pm Eastern, I think; must have been minutes before it was removed. I was able to put Windows 3.1 on hers as well, even though hers isn't jailbroken.

I gotta find those King's Quest IV disks...if Windows runs it's sure to run...

6. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Hahah! Talking about oldies but goodies... :D
    How about Dig Dug and Pango?
    Or Barman Tapper? :p

7. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Intellectual Property issues?

8. TheInformer macrumors newbie

I say it's the Arstechnica blurb on how to use iPhone Explorer to transfer files :) Seriously, I bet it's the ability to transfer files to iDOS that caused a red flag.

It's sad that iDOS was removed for a second time.

9. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Soooo its beeen approved twice with them changing their mind within a day :confused: its not the apps fault u can use iPhone explorer

10. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Do you know if it is Apple that pulled it from the App store or the developer?

The developer took quite a bit of heat for releasing this reduced function version as an "upgrade" to the previous one. That upset a few of us who have the older one (but didn't want the newer one)... we couldn't simply select "Update All" to update all of our apps without also getting the "upgrade" to iDOS.

11. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

you can still use the new one to load anything you want so i dont see why they need to give him all the crap he doesnt deserve

12. DisneyRicky macrumors regular

DisneyRicky

This must be why my download stopped like half way through.

13. lanulos thread starter macrumors regular

14. lanulos thread starter macrumors regular

It was removed by Apple for the same reason as the first one, I gather: that it is possible to download unsigned code (.exe files) into the program directory on an unjailbroken device, which violates Apple's development guidelines. Of course it wasn't actually the developer's fault, it requires 3rd party computer software (iPhone Explorer) to do it.

As to the update, the developer advised backing the Version 1.0 .ipa file that is on your computer before updating to 2.0.1:
    http://litchie.net/blog/?p=168
    (By the way, if you are jailbroken, there is a way to make the iDevice ignore updates for a given app, so they don't show up in the AppStore. I don't remember it exactly but I will look it up if you want.)