iDOS won't be removed from my iPod if I sync, will it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lanulos, Jan 20, 2011.

1. lanulos macrumors regular

I've never had an app on my iPod that was deleted from the store. I hoping iDOS won't go away when I sync...?

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

3. lanulos thread starter macrumors regular

I installed it directly on my iPod and I haven't synced, so it's not in iTunes yet. That's why I'm worried.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It won't delete it, it will copy to your iTunes library when you sync.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Plug your iPod into iTunes and when you see the name of your iPod's on the left side just right click it and press transfer purchases and you should then have it on your computer also. :cool:

6. lanulos, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

lanulos thread starter macrumors regular

That's good to know. But I would like to sync once in awhile. The developer assures me it will be there after I sync. I will let my daughter sync hers first to see if it disappears from there, since she could care less. (I had installed it on her un-JBed ipod to see if I could get PC access to the app folder, like someone else did. I could, with difficulty.)

UPDATE: I synced, and it's still on my iPod, plus the .ipa is in my Mobile Applications directory on my PC. I did take the precaution of disconnecting from the internet while syncing. Now that I've backed up the .ipa, I'll be less worried.