iDraw help?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by marty1990, Oct 12, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

So I do advertising at university, and am wanting to get into Graphic Design once I graduate. The problem is, I only really use Photoshop and InDesign, I've hardly touched Illustrator and can't seem to get into it, but I realise that if I want to pursue a career in graphic design, then am gonna have to learn how to use it.

I purchased iDraw for my iPad so I could get a feel for vectors, and today, I attempted to recreate a logo I created in Photoshop. I've traced it - by hand, there's no Live Trace feature as far as I can tell - and when I go to fill each of the shape, it either only fills in the outline, or fills in the shape, ignoring any details within the vector.

What am I doing wrong?

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

3. Barnz63 macrumors newbie

Barnz63

It sounds like when you are filling a shape, the fill is covering the detailed, smaller vector lines. If that is the case, make the shape (with the fill) go underneath the detail lines.

Vector paths do not exist on the same plane, they stack in the reverse order that you make them. The second path you make is above the first path, the next path above the second, etc. But they are not on different layers, like in Photoshop, unless you make another separate layer to draw on.

It is like each line is drawn on a separate piece of paper and they are stacked in a pile.

Hope this helps.