Idraw issue with images and dropshadow

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by macalienx, Nov 18, 2014.

1. macalienx macrumors newbie

hi i bought idraw (ipad version) a few month ago, and i think it´s a great app. But i'm having a little trouble and i don't know how to solve it... i have a .png with transparent background and i imported it to a Idraw document. It imported well, but when i apply a dropshadow, it doesn't drop the shadow around the image, but around the transparency...am i missing something? I already sent messages for the idraw team almost a week ago and still they didn´t answer... is there someone that had the same problem?

2. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

The drop shadow only appears to be applied to the whole object - in this case the square image including the transparency elements.
    I tried cutting out an image in a editor and then pasting this into iDraw but the cut our areas are filled in with the shadow up to the boundaries of the selected object box. I'm not sure you will be able to do what you want in iDraw as far as I can tell.

----------

Actually, what you would need to do is modify the path so only the image content you want to retain is included in the path and then set your drop shadow. This will ignore anything outside the path i.e. the transparency section.