iDVD '08 Drop Zone cuts picture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ericinboston, Jan 13, 2008.

1. ericinboston macrumors 68000

Ok...I am a Mac newbie and have been playing with iDVD '08 (7.0...not the upgraded 7.1 yet) and have come across a REALLY annoying issue:

When we use the Revolution theme that comes with iDVD '08, we are trying to drag a single photo onto the main area that spins round and round...it's a drop zone but I don't know what it is specifically called...therefore, when you pop the dvd in your player, when it starts up, the menus will be on the right, the music will be playing, and on the left, the rotating text "Eric's first video" is spinning and directly above that my photo is spinning.

The problem is, no matter what photo I drag in that drop zone, it always gets cut off!! I've dropped 640x480 pix, 1280x1024, and everything in between. It's cut off in design, preview, and the actual burned dvd.

This is crazy!

Can someone please let me know if this is a bug...and if it's not, please how to fix it? I've scoured the online help and Google and cannot find any report of this problem. I've tried reducing the image size and no luck with new-smaller-image.

I can't simply just upgade to iDVD 7.1...that's not my first choice. And this problem is not on the 7.1 list of fixes/enhancements that I know of anyway. I'm also not a fan of "just upgrade it and see if that helps" advice. :)

Thanks so much for any help!!

I am not on Leopard...this mac mini was bought in Sep 2007 so it was the OS before Leopard.

-Eric

2. D.C. Hughes macrumors newbie

D.C. Hughes

Did you ever get an answer?

We seem to be experiencing the same thing--though I haven't attempted re-sizing yet.

3. iCheese macrumors regular

I am hoping that there is a way to edit drop zone pictures as well. iDVD seems like it would be really nice to use for a project that I am working on, but I wish I was able to edit which part of a photo displays in a drop zone.

4. bobinwisc macrumors newbie

Re-position Photos in Drop Zone

hey everyone -

to re-position your photo in a drop zone, just hold down "COMMAND" and then click and hold on the photo and then just move it around.

hope that helps :apple:

5. Col macrumors newbie

HELP... It's driving me NUTS !!!
    I have this same problem today, 2 years after the original posting ! All the photos I drag & Drop into Drop Zones in iDVD 7.0.4 end up HUGE. You can only see a micro amount of the image. I can't find anyway of shrinking them either.
    I have tried downsizing them to tiny files before dragging and dropping them into drop zone.
    I have tried importing from iPhoto AND dragging and dropping directly from a file in a folder (from no specific app).
    BTW, I also can't move the photo around using the 'command' click and hold option suggested by 'Bobinwisc'... not that it would be a big help as the images are so HUGE, you would only see one eye of a person in the photo even if I could reposition it.
    PLEASE HELP ! :confused:
    Using iDVD 7.0.4 on an iMac Mac OS X 10.5.8