iDVD audio loss on DVD burn

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kmalatino, Dec 4, 2008.

1. kmalatino macrumors newbie

I edited a video in FCP and exported it as a quicktime. The resulting file is a little over an hour, about 13gb in size, and has 14 chapters. The quicktime movie plays perfectly. When I build the DVD in iDVD it works perfectly. However, once it's burned I lose the audio in the middle of the 13th chapter until the end. I've deleted preferences, re-exported the quicktime, created new DVD projects, used an older template (I'm now using a version 7 template).... I'm not sure what's going on! Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Are you by chance trying to use the "Best Performance" quality setting in Project Info? That one only works dependably on projects up to one hour (see the quality settings info in iDVD's help menu for more info) while the next setting ("High Quality") will take care of projects 1-2 hours in length.

Since you said it is a little over an hour, I am wondering if it is not sacrificing the last part of the audio when unable to compress the remainder of the video into the 1 hour capability. A stretch, but worth trying in "High Quality" if you have not already. BTW- allow more time to render in HQ of course, but at least it doesn't take as long as "Professional Quality"! ;)

3. jobphotos macrumors newbie

Same problem here

I have the same exact problem. I am using I Life 09. Everything looks perfect in Imovie. I export to Idvd and burn. Everything works fine on the dvd player until the 5th song. Video and transitions work fine but audio drops. I have even tried to use my old version of IDVD 6.0.4. Burn the disk and same exact thing. I have about 35 hrs into this thing and cant seem to get a good dvd. My movie is only 20 minutes long.