iDVD burning problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dogtonharrants, Jan 6, 2008.

1. dogtonharrants macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have made a movie on iMovie HD (using a Mac Book Pro) and have burned it onto DVD using iDVD. When I play the DVD on my TV or another iMac there is distortion during any rapid movement, e.g. a quick moving arm appears jagged and lined. There is also a slight blurriness to the general picture (the sound is faultless).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this distortion is occurring?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dan

2. dogtonharrants thread starter macrumors newbie

iMovie HD films appear distorted when buurned using iDVD

..ah, there have been a lot of views to is this thread - surely this must be common problem and therefore hopefully easily fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

(I have made a movie on iMovie HD (using a Mac Book Pro) and have burned it onto DVD using iDVD. When I play the DVD on my TV or another iMac there is distortion during any rapid movement, e.g. a quick moving arm appears jagged and lined. There is also a slight blurriness to the general picture (the sound is faultless).
    )

3. coryatcf macrumors newbie

iDVD Video Movement Distortion

I am am experiencing the same problem, I think: a kind of rippling wave of distortion with black lines whenever there is rapid movement? I am using iMovie '09/iDVD on a brand-new iMac with all the current software updates.

I am using MPEGStreamclip (excellent freeware) to rip video from DVD recorder discs and convert it to MP4 files iMovie '09 can use. Everything looks fine in iMovie; it's only when I burn a disc in iDVD that the problem appears in playback, so I'm guessing it has something to do with how iDVD is re-encoding back to MPEG-2 for the DVD.

After some frustration trying the various "project settings" in iDVD, I think the "professional quality" setting actually did produce a disc without the problem. I say "I think" because I went through a few stages of conversion (even getting another good piece of freeware, ffmpeX, involved) and by that time was trying everything I could think of just to get it to work, and kind of lost track... :)

Anyway, I am retracing my steps for another project and will report back. I would really like to know what the problem actually is, though, and why iDVD has it to start with. Any insights, anybody?