idvd click through problems on pc

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by lesrez, Oct 7, 2009.

1. lesrez macrumors newbie

Hi...I have burned a dvd containing chapters on idvd which works beautifully on a mac. But when I try to play the disk on a pc, there is an image mapping sort of problem when trying to click on each individual chapter and most specifically on the arrows to navigate between chapers 1-6 and 7-10. When you run your mouse over the white right arrow a blue left arrow appears over top of it meaning when you click to go forward you actually go back. The blue right arrow appears about an inch to the right so the image of the arrows is in one place but the actual live arrows to click are about an inch off. It's difficult to explain without looking at it but has anyone else had a similar problem? I created the dvd in idvd 6.0.4. Thanks!

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Hmm, that's weird. Cause I believe DVD should be Universal and act the same everywhere. Have you tried it on a DVD player? It could be the software with which you're running the dvd on the pc. Try other software (like VLC).

Check whether this also happens when go to file;save as disk image. Now try the disk image on your mac. Is there a problem. Check it also on a pc (you'll have to use software to emulate the image, Mac supports this natively, you could use magiciso for windows).

3. lesrez thread starter macrumors newbie