iDVD Crashes/Menu Length Too Long Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pkmgarf, May 27, 2010.

1. pkmgarf macrumors newbie

I'm creating and iDVD project, and I have it all constructed. There is a main menu and six submenus (and each of those has one submenu and a slideshow). While creating the project, iDVD gave me an error saying that the menu time was too long, and I clicked the "fix" button on the dialog that popped up.

I've got the project all created, and now can't burn or create a disc image because iDVD insists that my menu system is more than 15 minutes long (it's not). Just to try and play nice with iDVD, I removed all motion from my project (hidden drop zones, all intro/outro animations are disabled, zero loop time). I still got the same error. Originally project info reported the length of the project as 79 minutes, by removing the motion, it is down to 60 something.

After a bit of googling and reading, I also tried deleting the iDVD .plist file, repairing disk permissions, opening project as another (new) user on the computer, and also deleted all encoded assets (from the iDVD menu). Same error. Additionally, iDVD seems to crash...a lot. It got to the point where I would save every 3-5 minutes just to not lose anything. I've attached my system.log. iDVD seems to exit with code 5 all the time...

Ideas? I need to get the project on a disc, and really don't want to recreate it.

System config:

Powermac G4 (dual 1.8 ghz Sonnet card)
    1.5gb RAM
    Geforce6200

Attached Files:

2. Lola M macrumors member

I got same errors. I ended up choosing simpler template and redoing the whole project from scratch.
    It would be great to see a solution.