Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
For some reason iDVD 5.01 seems to be distorting all images in slideshows.

When I preview all the images look great, but after I've turned the project into a DVD all the images are stretched (eg people look very thin). If I have the black borders (TV Safe) option on then I only get a black border on the left, top and right sides, but not at the bottom, the images stretches off the bottom of the screen, and when TV safe images are turned off the bottom of the image is cropped.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Sorry to hear that. After reading your thread I checked my latest dvd made with iDVD and it has a slideshow and video but it came out great. Are all the photos (if I read this correct) looking like that or just some? Did you move them around in the view area before you made the dvd?

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
Every photo comes out the same it doesn't seem to matter if I have TV safe on or off, they still all get squashed and the bottom of the image is cropped.

I create a new DVD, select some pictures in iPhoto, drag then in, preview looks fine, but when I turn it into a DVD all pictures are distorted :(

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
I've just tried to do a screen capture so that I can demonstrate the issue, but of course os x won't let you screen capture when the DVD player is open :confused:

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
Interestingly I've just tried playing the completed DVD in both VLC on OS X and PowerDVD on XP and it plays fine, the pictures are displayed correctly, so perhaps there is a problem the DVD player on OS X.

The people that we're sending the DVD to don't have a Mac so it should work fine for them.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Okay, sorry about the half of a pm my dog sat on the off switch for the surge protector :rolleyes: Glad to see it works on other machines/programs.
Do you have...I think it's snap to grid on? You may want to check that as well. I have CaptureMe for those type of screen shots, works good.

Okay cancel that snap to grid :rolleyes: not sure what I was thinking :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.