iDVD DL-DVD Issues!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mikeschmeee, Oct 5, 2009.

1. mikeschmeee macrumors 6502a

Hello,

Let me start by saying that I'm still a fairly new Mac user but I am learning quickly. I have encountered my first problem with some software that came with my Aluminum MacBook. (2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3, 100GB left on the HDD, OS X 10.5.8, iDVD version 7.0.4 (1116) )

I'm trying to burn a movie with iDVD. The file is about 950mb. I drag the file into iDVD and change the settings to "high quality" and put it on Dual Layer 7.7
    I have lots of space left to put another file on there if I wanted to according to iDVD but I just want the one.

So... everything seems to be running smoothly until the last few minutes I get a message "Multiplexer Error. There was an error during formatting."
    I try it again and again after restarting a few times and I still get the same error message. I have toast but I do not want to use it. I like the menu screen that iDVD has. I tried a different AVI file which is much smaller on the DL DVD+R... still no results. I thought my DVD-RW was broken for some reason so I try to burn a DVD+R and it works. It seems that everytime I put a dual layer DVD+R it just won't work. OS X recognizes the DVD but iDVD just won't burn it. I get the error message near the end.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue before? Is there a fix?

Please help
    Thanks
    Mike

2. gmanterry macrumors regular

gmanterry

Try some other things.

Maybe your superdrive does have a problem or maybe it's iDVD. Try dragging data into a burn file and try to burn a D/L DVD with the Finder. If you have Toast, try burning the movie with it. You know that you can't do it in iDVD so try some other options. That's how you narrow down the problem to software or hardware. Another thing that could very well be the problem is the brand of disks you're using. Sometimes some drives prefer some brands over others. I think it may have to do with the wavelength of the laser and the color of the substrate dye. Anyway, those are my suggestions. Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

Terry

3. zihzahey macrumors newbie

Sorry

I think Macbook wil not be able to burn 97 % Double Layer DVD .
    I donot know why but i have more search for 1 month to knwo why , i failed.