iDVD edit question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jbsteven, Nov 26, 2008.

1. jbsteven macrumors newbie

I need to edit an iDvd slideshow that requires a little tightening on the end of the stills and music and the start of the iMovie clips.

Question is: in order to make these minor editing adjustments Do I have to share the iDVD project back to iMovie?

if so..........how do I do this? it does not seem to be possible.

finally, when I play the movie clip back (converted VHS home video)
    some parts of the audio (music track) stutter.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    thanks.

2. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

wait share? please be more specific?

normally dvd making software like idvd and dvd studio pro wont let you edit video. you have to re edit add everything you need, then export again and import to idvd.

3. huntercr macrumors 65816

You can't go "back" to iMovie from iDVD. You have to take the items that are till in iMovie and adjust it there and then redrag the assets back into your iDVD project.

Don't know what the deal is with your audio, except that this happens sometimes if you import and MP3 file directly into imovie. If that is what you're doing, Try decompressing the music file to AIFF 48KHz stereo first. ( you'll need to google for a tool to do this, I think ) and then import it.

4. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Audio Solution

Try this. In iTunes, burn your music track to CD. Then drag the resulting AIFF file from the CD on to your desktop (or wherever) and use as the soundtrack for your movie in iMovie (or whichever editing suite you're using).

Unless your music track is already on the VHS that you used as the base for this project. In which case, God help you.

Andrew.

5. jbsteven thread starter macrumors newbie

Bki12269 by sharing I mean to move the project from one application ie: iDVd to another application......iMovie.

Huntercr, thanks for the clarification. I suspected I would have to redit everything and once satisfied with that move all the assests back to iDvd.

Courtaj, yea.....the music track is from the original vhs video. It was a short EDITED VHS home-music video. Im assuming this is the worse case senerio and Im probably stuck with what I have.....not terrible just not great.

Thanks everyone.