idvd error during burning

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rmcintosh, Jan 1, 2012.

1. rmcintosh macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have a Macbook Pro running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard that was only recently updated from leopard. I have been running idvd 6.0.4 for years and never had a problem but since the system upgrade I have made a half dozen dvds and the latest will not create a disc image.

Both videos on the disc are not created through imovie but are rather stand alone quicktime videos that i have not had any trouble with importing into the project. I have reduced the quality to "best quality" in order to ensure the movies fit on the disc and the disc image creation goes smoothly until the end when the error message "errors found during the burning process" comes up.

I have tried removing the theme music and my own menu music, I have ensured that all buttons are well within the TV safe area and neither fix has made a difference. I have also tried using an older theme and changing the view between standard and widescreen.

I am at my wit's end please help.

Becs

----------

Forgot to mention I also have more than 25 GB of free space and i did import all videos by clicking and dragging from the Media - Movies area onto the project.

2. Appleruinedme macrumors newbie

Are all the movies "standard size" as in 640x360 or smaller?? That "fixed" it for me. 10.6.8 is garbage. Destroyed so many functions.