Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daryliow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Can someone please explain the principles on how to use iDVD, ie. what does it do? Also how burn a download movie to Dvd Disk?

Cheers All

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
sorry, mate, we don't condone piracy here, so I can't tell you how to burn downloaded movies.

iDVD just allows you to create menus for movies. It is tightly linked to other iLife applications (iMovie, Garageband, iTunes, and iPhoto). Once you have completed your project, you can burn it to a DVD to be played in just about any consumer DVD player. For more info, have a look here

bagelche

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Western Mass.
sorry, mate, we don't condone piracy here, so I can't tell you how to burn downloaded movies.

While I agree with you that much of what people download may be copyrighted material and that burning the stuff to DVD could be illegal, I'd like to point out that there is a great deal of legally available video material out there, including creative commons licensed material, material whose copyright has lapsed and has been returned to the public domain, services that allow DVD burns of their downloads, and more.

I don't mind discouraging illegal usage, but lets not paint everything with the same brush.

As for the original query sorry, I don't have a good answer and can't be of much help.

best.

daryliow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
So can no one tell me how i burn a legally downloaded movie onto a DVD disk? it cant be that hard.

bagelche

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Western Mass.
It isn't so hard...but there is no explanation of piracy methods round here...

I can appreciate we shouldn't be advocating violating the law around here, but as I pointed out before there are perfectly legal scenarios for this situation and I've personally encountered it a number of times. Daryliow says that his situation is legal and aboveboard.

Are you 1) saying you think he's lying and therefore won't help him; 2) asserting that there is no situation in which this information could legally apply or 3) saying that since this information could be used for illegal activity that it should not be disseminated to anyone including those who would be acting in accordance with the law?

Daryliow, I cannot personally attest to this because I've never tried it, but you might try look at the open-source program Burn. It may meet your needs. Here's a link.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Use toast. Its very simple, just drag the video ts folder into the window and click burn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.