iDVD freezes at Burn process on 2gb .mov file

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by sjames0077, Dec 1, 2011.

1. sjames0077 macrumors newbie

I have a 2 gb .mov that is 30 minutes long. I am attempting to create an iDVD but when it gets to the 5th process "BURN", it freezes. :confused:

I then attempted to burn a .mov that is only 2 minutes long and it burned without a problem.

I am exporting my quicktime movie from adobe premiere and want to create a nice iDVD movie for this half hour wedding video.

I then created another .mov from adobe premiere (in case it was a corrupt file) and it freezes still at the burn process. I eject the dvd and its still usable, like it was never written to. I have tried many dvds and multiple attempts to get this to work and am pulling my hair out.

2. careypo macrumors member

Try the following:

Check your hard drive to see if it's low on disk space. iDVD uses your hard drive to create temporary files for encoding.

Run a repair permissions on your hard drive with the Disk Utility.

Convert your video to a Standard Definition video format. 720x480 for NTSC or 720x576 for PAL. If your video is HD, make sure it's anamorphic. Try submitting that Quicktime file to iDVD.

Test your DVD drive by burning a DVD from the Finder that is at least 4GB of files.

3. sjames0077 thread starter macrumors newbie

re:

thanks, checked hard drive, has the space,
    i ran disk utility yesterday and it was ok, i presume i dont need to run again,

the video is standard definition, currently 720x480 ntsc.

im burning a dvd now from finder that is 6 gb .. and its burning fine.

would you have any other suggestions?

note: i tried to import this file into imovie but imovie would not let me select this file, only the smaller .mov files. is the size an issue?