iDVD help? :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by raymondu999, Feb 3, 2011.

1. raymondu999, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Feb 11, 2008
    Hey guys. I'm an iDVD noob, so go easy on me.:D

I have a series of 20-25 video recordings (in AVI format) that I need to have playable on a normal, no-frills DVD player. It can't read AVI files or the like, and purchasing other hardware is out of the question.

The problem is I tried using iDVD, and it couldn't even fit 2 videos onto one DVD. (about 40-45 minutes each). Is there any way I could compress it even more? I mean, how do whole TV seasons get packed into only a few DVDs?:confused:

I can live with maybe 3 or 4 DVDs to contain all my recordings, but 20 DVDs!? No can do. Any help?

I don't need to have a DVD menu, but that would be great too.

If I have to use another piece of software, even buy another piece, I would be alright.
  2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Mar 19, 2008
    Warrington, UK
    Go to iDVD's Project Menu and open Project Info. You can alter the quality of your finished DVD to get more on the disc, or choose to use a dual layer disc.
  3. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 11, 2008
    Been there, done that. Still not small enough. I don't need the thing to be DVD quality. I just need it to fit, and to play on a no-frills DVD player. Kinda like how TV series's get their shows onto DVDs.