iDVD help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FaustArp, Jul 23, 2008.

1. FaustArp macrumors regular

FaustArp

Need some quick help everyone. I am making a DVD for my sister for her wedding and I was putting pictures into the drop zones of iDVD and when I drop the pictures they are cropped halfway off the page and I am not sure how you resize them down to fit. I thought iDVD automatically sizes them down for you. any help would be appreciated!! Thank you

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

It seems to me (from experiencing the same type of deal on occasion) that there is some mystical upper limit to the size that a pic can be when put in a drop zone in order for it to be re-sized automatically.

I have found that if the pic is re-sized first outside of iDVD to a relatively small size (relative to the size that most digital camera pictures are natively that is) the auto sizing will then work correctly.

I have resized them to a max of about 800x600 or so (in some cases smaller like 640x480) they will adjust correctly when dropped in. There are many free little utilities that you can find by googling "free mac image resize" or you can get a free trial of my favorite, EasyCrop by Yellow Mug Software at http://www.yellowmug.com/easycrop/ I often just resize with that little app rather than firing up the full Photoshop as it makes fast work of it if you just want to re-size.

Hope that helps out in your situation. I know it has in mine.