IDVD help!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by timimbo85, Aug 21, 2008.

1. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

I have no clue why when I export a HD movie that it comes out looking like crap. The .mov file I exported from motion is saved as HD 1080i60.

Can someone please please please tell me the way to set up idvd so I can export this video and make it look sexy.

Thank you.

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

This may be a stupid question, but you do realize that iDVD only outputs Standard definition video, right? It's I"DVD", not iBlueRay :)

3. timimbo85 thread starter macrumors regular

timimbo85

yea i figured that out and just used dvd studio pro. Anywho my next question: How come my computer DVD can read it as a DVD but my dvd player does not, i should note it is not a hidef dvd player

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

were you using the Hi-Def settings in DVD SP? because those will not play in a standard DVD player...

iDVD and DVD SP don't do a great job of compressing to MPEG2... don't expect too much from them. Compressor does a better job, but don't expect miracles. You're essentially throwing out 85% of your resolution and compressing the hell out of it.

5. xcutiepiex macrumors newbie

xcutiepiex

more help, please!

Help!!! I want my "scene selection" area to go back to the menu with a single click (or a press of a button on the TV) but all it wants to do is say: "scenes 1-6 (etc.)" with NO "home menu" button :eek: :eek: :eek:

what do i do?????? :confused: :confused: :confused: