iDVD help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KBenton, Jun 3, 2009.

1. KBenton macrumors member

I'm creating a DVD using iDVD and when I go to burn it I get an error message.

It says my content is too long (137 minutes) But it is under the maximum allowed data content of my DVD (4.38 / 4.7 GBs).

I can't really cut it down because it's of a concert (NIN: Lights In The Sky Cooper Edit).

Anyway I can 'trick' iDVD into thinking its not so long?

Any help will be very appreciated! Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. KBenton thread starter macrumors member

Not sure if my iMac can burn dual layers? I have a bunch of regular DVD's already that I would rather use then to go out and spend some more money.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

In System Profiler, in the CD/Optical Drive section it should tell you what types of optical disc your computer can read/write. Alternatively, look here for your computer model and check the specifications for the optical drive. Also, iDVD calculates "size" by duration of the video content, not by the number of GB. At close to 2.5 hrs of content, you are definitely pushing the envelope as far as fitting on a single-layer disc. I don't think it can be done without a dual-layer disc which should support up to 4 hrs of video content when burned with iDVD.